Sunday, March 11, 2018

I Finally Bought A Food Magazine!

I bought 2 different magazines:

Bake From Scratch
The Best Of Fine Cooking

I couldn't find Bon Appetit or Food & Wine, but oh well.

I have finally found out that a food magazine has around 100 pages of content, so now I know how long to make my table of contents. This was something I was really worrying about because it is something a lot of people get points off for.

It just so happened that the Bake From Scratch magazine's table of contents is better than The Best Of Fine Cooking magazine's table of contents. Here are what they look like:

(Bake From Scratch)I like how this is easy to follow and how you know exactly where to go.

(Bake From Scratch)I really like the grid of photos. I think it is great for organization and to get many photos in one page.

(The Best Of Fine Cooking)I don't really like this table of contents because it isn't very descriptive. I do like how they have the images with the page number you can find it on.



In next week's (week of 3/12) blog post I'm going to plan all the photos I need to take in one posting, and then take them (and detail how it goes) in the next 2 blog posts.

I hope my picture taking goes well. I am very worried/excited about it.

Citations:
Hoffman, B. H. (Ed.). (2018, March & april). Bake From Scratch4(2), 1-114.

Opdahi, S. (Ed.). (n.d.). The Best Of Fine Cooking, (126), 1-98.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Wow I am finally done with this project! I am kind of sad it's over, yet relieved at the same time. Here is my CCR: