Thursday, March 29, 2018

Photoshoot Day 1!!

I took the photos in my room and use my nightstand to put the food on. My room has a sliding glass door which takes in a lot of natural light (which was perfect). I did set up a tripod but I found it better taking the pictures without it. I only took pictures of the cover and double page spread because it was very time consuming (like 2 hours). This is because I had to constantly play with aperture, settings, lighting, etc. I didn't use a reflector because I liked the natural lighting how it was. Here is the setup I am describing:
Here is the picnic blanket and red basket I mentioned in my last post.

I also put little cups of ketchup and mustard to add depth and more color. I really like how the pictures came out. Here it is unedited:

Please note that the quality is not good on the blog because the photo is not at its original size because it won't fit on the page. (It is better in its original size).
I like the shades of color on the chicken and how the picnic blanket is pale in the background. I really wanted to focus on the chicken the most because it is the main feature. I took this in the autofocus setting on the camera but set the lens to MF. This is just in natural light without a reflector and without a tripod. It was hard to get this photo it took the longest (I took 26 photos of this). The napkin was hard to position. I filled the basket with a lot of chicken because when I looked up Nashville chicken it had a lot of chicken. Here is a photo that inspired me:

Image result for nashville chicken

In photoshop I want to make the ketchup and mustard look better and maybe the napkin.

Here is the chicken for the double page spread:
Please note that the quality is not good on the blog because the photo is not at its original size because it won't fit on the page. (It is better in its original size).

I really like the shadows in this photo and the black and white pattern looks like a table. I did the same thing as my last setup, but I just put this background on the nightstand instead. I do not like the mason jar so I am going to get rid of it in photoshop, but I liked the chicken. I think this photo seems different enough rom the cover because of the surfaces they are on. This photo has a great contrast with the red basket and pattern. I took this without a tripod or reflector (used the same settings as the last photo). Iam going to cut out the whole top of the photo (from mason jar up) since it is the worst part of the photo).

This photoshoot took forever and finding the right lighting and camera setting was extremely tricky. I am just happy that the photos turned out the way I wanted. (And yes I did change out the chicken layout in this photo).

Citations:

Hattie B's Hot Chicken. (2014, July 02). Retrieved March 29, 2018, from https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/hattie-bs-hot-chicken-3363027

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Wow I am finally done with this project! I am kind of sad it's over, yet relieved at the same time. Here is my CCR: