Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Getting Supplies

I changed my cover picture to fried chicken because I couldn't find a place to buy beignets. Also, I decided to change my table of contents to a different layout. I want my table of contents to look like this:



I really like the 3-dimensional aspect of this layout, and I really wanted to include it in my magazine somewhere. I also decided to put chocolate sauce and use the negative space to write my title. This is what I am basing it off of:



I think these changes will make my magazine better.

Here are the supplies I bought (I chose the food based off the list I made in my other post):




I bought all of the foods I need for the photoshoot at Publix and I am going to use a picnic blanket I have for my cover. This will give the cover the little cafe country feel I am going for. I also have a red basket to put the chicken in (again for the country feel).

I bought a white poster board for when I take pictures of the food for my table of contents. The black and white pattern that is next to the poster board is going to look like a table for my double page spread (since the pattern looks like a marble table). I am going to put the chicken on it.

I am really excited to start my photoshoot and explain visually what I am talking about in this post.

Citations:

Top 10 Cooking Magazines. (n.d.). Retrieved March 28, 2018, from http://www.allyoucanread.com/top-10-cooking-magazines/

Texture - Unlimited Access to Digital Magazine Subscriptions - Free Trial. (n.d.). Retrieved March 28, 2018, from https://www.texture.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Wow I am finally done with this project! I am kind of sad it's over, yet relieved at the same time. Here is my CCR: