Tuesday, March 20, 2018

What I Learned From The Group Meeting

The group meeting gave me a lot of confidence for my project because it made sense to my group and  there were no critiques of anything major.

I asked my group about which of the fonts to use, and they all agreed on this one:



This was extremely helpful because I wasn't 100% sure on which font to use for the masthead. They also said if I wanted to use the negative space like in the Food & Wine Magazine, the masthead wouldn't be good for it.



As a result, I might use the negative space title for my double page spread.

My group also referred me to an app called VSCO to edit my pictures. I also got tips on how to make my pictures look 3-dimensional like on this magazine (to have the light come from the side to create a shadow). I am going to do more research on lighting in my next post because I really like the 3-dimensional look of this layout.



They also agreed on the table of contents layout that I want to do, which is having a big picture on the top on both pages and having columns of information. I drew it out in my last post.




I also got advice on having pictures have depth. This can be done through putting other objects around my subject. If the focus is only on the subject, but the other objects are around, the subject will pop out like in this photo:



It was really nice to get feedback and tips on how to make my magazine the best it can be. I am looking forward to the next group meeting.

Citations:

DaFont - Download fonts. (n.d.). Retrieved March 20, 2018, from https://www.dafont.com/

Top 10 Cooking Magazines. (n.d.). Retrieved March 20, 2018, from http://www.allyoucanread.com/top-10-cooking-magazines/

(n.d.). Retrieved March 20, 2018, from https://hiveminer.com/User/tbdesignwi/Interesting

Texture - Unlimited Access to Digital Magazine Subscriptions - Free Trial. (n.d.). Retrieved March 20, 2018, from https://www.texture.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Wow I am finally done with this project! I am kind of sad it's over, yet relieved at the same time. Here is my CCR: